"Spanking is All that Works."...
...Works to do what exactly???
1) If I hit ("spank") and/or yell at, and/or get angry with my child as what I "define" as "punishment" - trying to control their free will to try and make them obey me...why does my child obey me?
Answer: Fear of getting hurt by me. Brute animals can only learn to obey either out of fear of getting hurt or "hope" of getting a reward. Is my child a brute animal? No. Are brute animals created in the image and likeness of GOD? No.
2) Does "fear of getting hurt by me" really make my child really sorry, or only sorry so I will stop hurting them?
Answer: Only sorry so I will stop hurting them.
3) So when my child becomes an adult, what is the only reason he or she is going to want to obey GOD?
Answer: Fear of getting hurt by GOD.
4) Is this Love? No.
5) Is this learning how to Love? No.
6) Is this teaching my child what Love is? No.
7) Is this teaching my child how to Love? No.
8) Who is Jesus Christ? Answer: Love and Truth (In Scripture)
9) Is hitting, yelling, and/or anger teaching my child about who Jesus Christ really is? Or is this teaching evil lies to my child about who Jesus Christ is?
Answer: Evil lies.
10) What is the Spirit of the Law? Answer: Love
11) How are we free from the Law? Answer: When we Love like Jesus Christ Loves and when we want to obey Jesus Christ OUT OF LOVE ONLY.
12) Can I do this yet? No. Do I know how to do this yet? No.
13) If I am hit or yelled at or treated with anger, is that going to teach me and help me to Love like Jesus Loves and want to obey Jesus out of Love only? NO!
14) If Fear from Jesus Christ? No.
15) Does GOD want us to be afraid? No. (So says all of Scripture)
16) Then why am I teaching my child to obey out of fear?
17) What am I going to do to get the answers to #16 healed? (If I don't that's a grave sin of omission)
18) Will me teaching my child to obey out of fear bring them closer to Jesus Christ or farther away?
Answer: Farther Away.
19) Why am I teaching my child to be afraid of Jesus Christ and afraid of me rather than Love Jesus Christ and Love me?
20) What am I doing to get the answers to #19 healed in myself? (If I don't that's a grave sin of omission)
21) The old covenant has ended. Where does Jesus Christ condone hitting ("spanking"), yelling, or sinful anger toward a child in the New Testament?
Answer: He does NOT!
Jesus did NOT want to nor did He try to make the Scribes and Pharisees obey Him. He did not try to control them. He felt perfectly deeply grieved righteous indignation toward them for their disbelief and bad examples as leaders; NOT anger. And Jesus Christ did NOT hit nor yell at anyone (there is NO tone of voice, facial expressions, nor exclamation marks in Scripture...so stop projecting them) nor was He angry when He drove them out of the temple. Scripture says he felt Zeal, which is a virtue. And all of these situations are with adult men in authority; NOT children!
22) Is fear Love? No.
(1 John 4:18) "Fear is not in charity: but perfect charity casts out fear, because fear has sin. And he that fears is not perfected in charity." (Douay-Rheims Bible)
"Love has no room for fear; rather perfect love casts out all fear. And since fear has to do with punishment, love is not yet perfect in one who is afraid." (New American Bible)
23) Therefore is fear a sin? Yes. What is not love is a sin.
24) Is being unloving a sin? Yes.
25) Why am I teaching my child to sin?
(Matthew 18:1-7) "At that hour the disciples came to Jesus, saying: Who thinkest thou is the greater in the kingdom of heaven? And Jesus calling unto him a little child, set him in the midst of them, And said: Amen I say to you, unless you be converted, and become as little children, you shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, he is the greater in the kingdom of heaven. And he that shall receive one such little child in my name, receiveth me. But he that shall scandalize one of these little ones that believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone should be hanged about his neck, and that he should be drowned in the depth of the sea. Woe to the world because of scandals. For it must needs be that scandals come: but nevertheless woe to that man by whom the scandal cometh. (Douay-Rheims Bible)
26) What am I doing to get the answers to #25 healed in myself? (If I don't that's a grave sin of omission)
27) Why am I teaching my child to be unloving?
28) What am I doing to get the answers to #27 healed in myself? (If I don't that's a grave sin of omission)
29) If I am teaching my child to be unloving, that means I am being unloving toward my child every time I: hit ("spank") (physical abuse), yell (verbal abuse), get angry (emotional abuse), etc.
30) If I think nothing else works and I think I am right, what makes me think I know it all about discipline and teaching and parenting just because I produced a child and call myself "mother" or "father"?
31) What makes me think that I have consistently and correctly tried everything that exists about discipline and teaching and parenting and getting my own ungodly perspectives and ungodly attitudes healed?
32) What makes me think there is not more Truth on these subjects that I don't know? (If I fail to search for them that is a grave sin of omission)
33) Have I asked Jesus Christ to send me all of His Truth (and do so daily) and the right person(s) to teach me this Truth that I need? Am I open to receiving His Truth through whomever Jesus Christ decides to give send to me?
© Copyright 2010 L. K. Miller, LPC